Some of the lessons learnt from Quran that apply to our general living!
1. Respect and honor all human beings irrespective of their religion, color, race, sex, language, status, property, birth, profession/job and so on.
2. Talk straight, to the point, without any ambiguity or deception
3. Choose best words to speak and say them in the best possible way
4. Do not shout. Speak politely keeping your voice low.
5. Always speak the truth. Shun words that are deceitful and ostentatious
6. Do not confound truth with falsehood
7. Say with your mouth what is in your heart
8. Speak in a civilized manner in a language that is recognized by the society and is commonly used
9. When you voice an opinion, be just, even if it is against a relative
10. Do not be a bragging boaster
11. Do not talk, listen or do anything vain
12. Do not participate in any paltry. If you pass near a futile play, then pass by with dignity
13. Do not verge upon any immodesty or lewdness whether surreptitious or overt.
14. If, unintentionally, any misconduct occurs by you, then correct yourself expeditiously.
15. Do not be contemptuous or arrogant with people
16. Do not walk haughtily or with conceit
17. Be moderate in thy pace
18. Walk with humility and sedateness
19. Keep your gazes lowered devoid of any lecherous leers and salacious stares
20. If you do not have complete knowledge about anything, better keep your mouth shut. You might think that speaking about something without full knowledge is trivial matter. But it might have grave
21. When you hear something malicious about someone, keep a favorable view about him/her until you attain full knowledge about the matter. Consider others innocent until they are proven guilty with solid and
22. Ascertain truth of any news, lest you smite someone in ignorance & afterwards repent of what you did
23. Do not follow blindly any information of which you have no direct knowledge. (Using your faculties of perception and conception) you must verify it for yourself. In the Court of your Lord, you will be held accountable for your hearing, sight, and the faculty of reasoning
24. Never think that you have reached the final stage of knowledge and nobody knows more than yourself. Remember! Above everyone endowed with knowledge is another endowed with more knowledge [12/76]. Even the Prophet [p.b.u.h] was asked to keep praying, “O My sustainer! Advance me in knowledge.”
25. Believers are but a single brotherhood. Live like members of one family, brother, sister unto one another